Monday, October 5, 2009

A tribute to THE Wild Mayan

What would a food blog of mine be without a shout-out to the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe's Wild Mayan? This, my friends, is a delicate balancing act; a risky business someone took on and I made my own. A risk that has paid off countless times in my mouth and in my belly. It's legendary. It's magnificient. And, that, is why I created a cult to worship this bliss enducing culinary masterpiece.

5 ingredients (Peanut Butter, Bacon, Red Onion, Mozzerella and Chaloula) = 1 Heaven on Earth

It's no wonder Redlands very own Gourmet Pizza Kitchen was featured on the Food Network as one of the top 5 pizza restaurants with Pizazz in the United States. With stunners like this, they were sure to get noticed by the Big Boys.

See the melted peanut butter oozing out of the cheese bubbles?
See the crispy bacon peeking out from under the cheese, saying, "Hello, I am here to add texture and saltiness to the smooth peanut butter and melted cheese. And meet my friend Mr. Red Onion. He and the Chaloula lady got married and are here to make fresh spicy flavor babies which complete our little neighborhood of unified flavors and glorious texture."

Not drooling with jealousy yet? This place is just blocks from my house. I can eat so much Mayan in one sitting, that my friends can roll me home if they can't strap a seatbelt on me. Hasn't happened yet, but it's always good to have a back-up plan, just in case I get all Violet Beauregarde from Willy Wonka on y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment