Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pear Pie - Don't be afraid

I will be the first to admit, that I am no baker, but I think I have come up with a fool proof plan for making an abundance of fresh fruit (in this case, pears from Big Bear) into a nice warm vehicle for vanilla ice cream to take a ride into my tummy.
Basically, all you need to do is keep things simple. The fruit is perfect in it's plain form so don't get all crazy with ingredients. Just get yourself a premade pie crust, cut up the fruit to your liking, add a mixture of flour, sugar, egg, lemon zest and juice (most important, so don't skip), salt, cinnamon and love. Throw it in the oven for 45 minutes at 425 degrees and serve warm with Dryers Slow Churned Light Vanilla.

If you have never tried this ice cream, you are missing out. This stuff is amazing, especially if you have any aversions to traditional heavy cream ice creams. The intense rich flavor is fantastic alone or a perfect mix for crunchy frozen berries, or my favorite, peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment