Friday, October 16, 2009

Peanut Butter - Friend or Foe?

If I had to pick one food to live on for the rest of my life, it would undoubtedly be Peanut Butter. I feel a great saddness for people with a peanut allergy. It's as if they have no 6th sense (the ability to enjoy peanut butter and go into a trance).

It's versatility is incredible. It can be enjoyed by the spoonful, as one of three ingredients in a PB&J, or get more dressed up as a main ingredient in rich sauces. My favorite method of peanut butter employment is to simply mix it into a bowl of vanilla ice cream. My current favorite is Trader Joes salted creamy blen

I want to clear up the record right now - Natural Peanut Butter is not bad for you. In fact, eating peanut butter is healthy, when done in moderation. It's a fantastic source of protein and "good" fats. Don't let your mother's warnings fool you, she was just trying to get you to eat your PB&J by making you think it was taboo. It's in 75% of American households for a reason. Enjoy in good health.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, too! And yes, the GOOD peanut butter rules. When I was growing up my friends couldn't figure out why we kept our PB in the fridge. It was cause they grew up eating the other kind made of hydrogenated oils...the poser PB!

    ReplyDelete