Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Taquito Burrito - Prepare to be Dazzled

I know I have been tooting my own horn a little, but I must say, this was one of my best culinary ideas yet. I thought of it in a yoga class. Instead of focusing on my breath, I was thinking about what I would have for dinner after class.

Last week my mind was blown when I heard a guy at Cuca's order french fries instead of rice in his bean burrito. Unfortunately I had already ordered, so I had to go back the next day and give it a try.

I was dissapointed. The fries were soggy even though I ate it within minutes of it being made. I think the texture of food is as important as flavor and because the fries were soggy, they were indeterminable.

The burrito needed something crunchy that would last from creation to consumption. I couldn't solve the delimma and I almost gave up. I had resigned to just get an order of chicken taquitos instead of a burrito. Eureka!If you can put fries in a burrito, why not taquitos?

I was so proud when I ordered because my friend and long-time employee Nacho paused, looked at me and said, "No one in the history of Cuca's has ever ordered a taquito burrito."

Was it good? Did it stay crunchy? Will I order it again? Yes, yes and YES! Take a look below for the cross-section and ordering details.


"I would like an order if chicken taquitos in a burrito, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and all. Please only put two taquitos inside instead of three and just charge me for a regular order of taquitos. Oh, and by the way, Tabetha sent me in for this very special taquito burrito. She's a badass and you should pay her for advertising your restaurant all the time on her FB page and her fancy new blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment